Testo-Plus is a unique mixture of herbs, including Siberian and Panax ginseng, that provide support for mental and physical performance after stress. Research has found that stress may lower testosterone levels in both men and women in a variety of ways:
1. Stress increases oxidative damage, which decreases the production of steroid hormones.
2. The stress hormone cortisol prevents testosterone secretion.
3. Stress inhibits the synthesis and release of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH), decreasing the production of luteinizing hormone (the hormone responsible for testosterone production in the testis).
4. Stress decreases blood flow to the testicles, which lowers testosterone levels.
5. Stress negatively affects norepinephrine, which is involved in the production of LHRH in both men and women as well as testosterone synthesis in males.
Siberian ginseng improves mental and physical performance after exertion by regulating the signalling of hormones involved in stress responses, including cortisol and norepinephrine. This promotes proper hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis function, which controls various homeostatic processes in the body. Similarly, panax ginseng supports the body’s response to stress and fatigue. It is also a supportive therapy for the promotion of healthy glucose levels. Ginseng’s actions in the body are thought to be due to a complex interplay of constituents, including ginsenosides.
- Mental and physical stress