Total Health Program - Telomere Performance
What are Telomeres?
Telomeres are the genetic end tips of your chromosomes. They’re like the plastic tips on shoelaces because of the way they prevent chromosome ends from unraveling and sticking to each other – which can lead to premature cell death and health problems. Telomeres shorten naturally as we age, but glycation (unstable blood sugar control), oxidation (free radicals damage), inflammation (tissue response to injury/infection), and other lifestyle stressors shorten them, even faster.
Science-Based Telomere Performance
The Telomere Performance Program works to stop premature shortening from happening and offers ways to re-lengthen them by activating the enzyme, telomerase.
Our gold-standard program makes available to you all our expertise in personalized medicine and the use of precision medicine diagnostics.
This will enable our highly specialized experts to customize your health action plan to meet your health and anti-aging goals.
Key Precision Diagnostics:
- Determine your biological age by monitoring your telomere length
- Use predictive genetics to discover lifestyle and nutritional risks and to customize your exercise and nutrition plan accordingly
- Measure biomarkers of aging so you understand your risks of glycation, inflammation, oxidative stress, and hormonal imbalances
- Assess your nutritional needs with a full profile of your vitamin, mineral, organic and amino acids levels
- Determine any food sensitivities which can increase inflammatory effects
- Evaluate your mental health markers by monitoring your neurotransmitter (brain chemical) levels
Details on testing
This program includes self-test kits for blood spot to assess your:
- telomere length
- A1C (sugar control)
- thyroid function
- vitamin D
- food sensitivities for 96 foods in categories including:
Saliva to determine your:
- sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone, DHEA, and progesterone)
- cortisol (stress response) levels
Urine to measure your:
- neurotransmitters (brain chemicals)
Cheek swab for genetics:
- skin health
- cannabis DNA
Results are uploaded to your patient health record, MyWellnessFile.Sample Report
Interaction with Coaches and Ongoing Support
Once your results are posted to your patient health record, MyWellnessFile, you will be booked for a series of coaching sessions. This program will be delivered via video conference sessions to be completed within 6 months:
- 90 minute team conference review with a physician and naturopathic doctor
- 50 minute behavioral change coaching session
- 50 minute nutritionist coaching session
- 30 minute follow up x 2
Your coaches will help keep you on track and support you through your journey of developing lifestyle changes and provide you with the necessary next steps, based on your results, to achieve your desired health goals.